[There was a file error in the last post, so we’re trying again.]
WE’RE BACK. And unless you’ve been living under a log, you know that so is the woman-hating kinkphobic abuse manual called 50 Shades of Grey, which hits theaters on Friday.
Last month, Jaclyn learned all about the horrors 50 Shades via bestselling author Jenny Trout’s world-famous hate-read recaps, and today she’s got Jenny on the line to ask the key questions, including: What does it mean that so many women love a book that hates them so much? If most things are better than 50 Shades, what are the best things that are better than 50 Shades? How did you wind up on the Steve Harvey Show? Do you have Stockholm Syndrome with respect to E.L. James? Then we take on a listener question about coming out as submissive to a new beau.
- The must-read recaps that started it all (just scroll down past Apolonia and After).
- Trout Nation’s list of DV and anti-rape orgs to donate to instead of buying/after you buy tix to the 50 Shades film.
- Jenny Trout’s awesome essay about wearing a bikini. The one that landed her on the Steve Harvey Show.
- Leslie Bennett’s Entertainment Weekly piece on 50 Shades.
- 50 Shades of [Sigh]: Defamer compilation of how awkward the press tour for the movie has been.
- Jenny on Dakota Johnson’s facial expressions during a Vanity Fair promo for the film.
- Jenny’s recommendations for BDSM erotica that you should check out while you miss 50 Shades: Jenny’s book The Boss, Tiffany Riesz’s Original Sinners series, the Locked trilogy, Alisha Rai’s A Gentleman in the Street, and of course, featuring the original Mr. Grey, Secretary: